What does it take to maintain a gaming chair? It depends on the type of chair you have and how often you use it. The average person spends roughly 15 hours a week on their couch watching TV and doing other things. If a gamer spends an additional 10 hours playing games on their couch, they’ll need to clean their gaming chair as often as they would if they spent an hour a day gaming on their computer. So, what exactly do you need to clean your gaming chair?
check the material of your chair before cleaning
There are three types of fabrics that you can use: high-quality leather, synthetic leather, and faux leather. High-quality leathers are generally the most expensive and have a robust and durable look, and artificial leathers are cheaper and more flexible than leather. On the other hand, Faux leathers look like genuine leather but aren’t quite as durable. Most chairs are made from this material.
- PU Leather
- PVC Leather
Pick up all your clean items
Your next step is to make a list of all of the things you’ll need. I recommend making a list in the same order to use the items. If you’re going to use your vacuum cleaner, start by putting the vacuum cleaner on the list and then go on from there. You can always go back and add things later, but I find that having a few different things to choose from helps me in those moments when I’m stuck.
10 easy steps to clean your gaming chair
Deodorize, and remove fabric chair stains in 10 easy steps. You’ll need a vacuum cleaner, baking soda, and upholstery stain remover.
- Step one Vacuum your gaming chair.
- Add baking soda. Plain Arm and Hammer works well, and you can also use the one with fresh smell additives. Sprinkle a heavy serving over the entire chair.
- Work the baking soda into the fabric using a microfiber cloth. This will penetrate it deep into nooks and crannies.
- Let the baking soda sit for at least 30 minutes. That will give it time to work its chemical magic. Baking soda deodorizes by breaking down dirt particles.
- Vacuum the baking soda up from the chair. That will suck up all the broken dirt particles deep in the fabric.
- Look over the seat to find remaining stains.
- Test out some fabric upholstery stain remover on a hidden part of your chair. When you find one that works, apply it to the stained areas.
- Scrub the solution deep into the fabric with a microfiber cloth.
- Put your chair under direct sunlight. That will let the solution dry. At the same time, sunlight is a powerful deodorizer. While the chair dries, UV rays will obliterate any lingering bacteria.
- Roll your chair back to your workspace. It should look and smell like new until it’s time for the next deep cleaning. So there you have it. Ten steps to deep clean and deodorize a gaming chair.
How To Deep Clean A Fabric Gaming Chair
A simple way to deep clean your gaming chair is by using a vacuum cleaner on it. But if you want a more thorough cleaning, take a few steps. First, you’ll need to make sure your gaming chair is dry, and this is an excellent time to inspect the cushion, legs, and seat area quickly. Next, take a wet microfiber cloth and wipe down the entire chair, starting with the seat and working your way around the cushion and legs.
Make sure to avoid any nooks and crannies of the chair. Then take the vacuum and remove all of the loose hair and dirt. Finally, turn on the chair to make sure there are no hot spots and clean off the base with the brush attachment of your vacuum cleaner.
We’ve gone through several standard methods for cleaning gaming chairs and how to do them right. We’ve also covered some of the best gaming chairs available on the market. There are different types of gaming chairs to suit different needs. And you must choose the right gaming chair for your personal preference. Some people like to sit for extended periods while playing games, so they must have a good seat.
Others play many mobile games or games where they move around a lot, so they prefer a chair with a firm and comfortable base with good back support. Choosing a gaming chair is a personal choice and something that you need to consider carefully before buying. It’s worth taking a look at the various models in our Best Gaming Chair Guide for a variety of different gaming chair types.